Monday, June 21, 2021

together again

 "Well, I'm not sleeping with you," Penny made clear when Bently asked about it. "Hell, babe..you're not even old enough to drink with..much less coffee." 

She'd made samples of her milk tea with Earl Gray and another with lavender. She'd gotten the recipes off YouTube.

"I don't want to hurt your feelings," she sighed. "But I think we might be soul mates and soul mates just don't sleep together." She thought that was the rule, but she'd google it, if he wanted her to.

"I sleep better by myself anyway," he snapped and went to take a good long drink of the iced tea with a metal straw. Of course, he almost choked. The lavender was evidently a bit much. He went with the Earl Gray. 

Penny gave him a pat on a back. Besides, she did enjoy babying him. Maybe he was like a little brother she never had. She smiled. Honestly, he was adorable. He was the only good thing that had happened since Sadie went away.

"Liam is a grown man," she went on to say. "He's human, isn't he?"

Bently nodded, and they went to sit on the couch in the comic book store to look through a stack of comic books. 

"I think he's human," she looked out the corner of her eye. Really, she couldn't think of him actually having sex with anyone, either. "Maybe you were dreaming."

"I was not dreaming," Ben said as he sipped on the tea and looked through the comics of superheroes. 

"I wish I could call Sadie," Penny sighed. "If only they could get some reception. I'd feel so much better if I knew exactly where she was."

"What?" He didn't look at her. She elbowed him and told him to stop thinking about Liam.

"Just how much did you see?" Penny wanted to know.

"I'm not telling." Ben was closed-lipped about it. She winced and shook her head, no. God, he'd gotten her curiosity going. 

"I might have to spend the night so I can investigate this with you." She told him with a sly smile.

"Huh?" He winced and looked back at her.

Seriously, Penny loved spending time with Bentley. Truly, she wasn't making up shit. She felt as if he just might be her soul mate.

6 comments:

  1. That is good she thinks that. And I wanna try the teas :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay q ue darle tiempo al tiempo. Genial fragmento. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the chapter. That's the kind of thing you can't rush
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful story Ellie, despite not having read this story from the beginning, I know I'll love this one too. I'll find time and read it.
    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Penny says that soul mates never sleep together, it's kind of sad. And maybe sort of true in a don't-meet-your-heroes-kind-of-way. But then, a soul mate isn't a hero. And it seems like Penny knows that after all when, at the end, we find out how she feels about Bentley. Time will tell. Kudos to you to keep us guessing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there